Hiking in the Alps - Shot on BMPCC4K

Last week my wife and I went to the Alps and I decided to bring the BMPCC4K with me. On the second day we did one of the most exhausting and beautiful hike I've ever done. We went up to Rifugio Garibaldi. The total time going up and down was about 7h. This is my 3rd time doing that hike and every time I forget about how long it is! Of course I didn't have a full rig, but just the camera, cage, handle, Power Junkie by Blindspot with 2 NP-F970 batteries (and dummy battery) and a Canon FD 24mm f/2.8. I didn't even bring the monitor and I completely forgot my Tiffen Variable ND. Everything fit perfectly in my backpack, which wasn't too heavy. All the wide shots were filmed during that hike, while the long shots of the mountains were filmed on a separate day with the camera full rigged, on the tripod and with my Canon FD 70-210. The PJ by Blindspot is actually a very smart solution and I was able to shoot pretty much 7h with only 2 batteries. Definitely a smart solution if you wanna keep your camera lightweight.

As far as exposure goes I mainly exposed by eye, but always checking my false colors to be sure I wasn't overexposing. Keeping everything in the pink/green is good and if you have to underexpose a bit, that's ok. With digital cameras is way easier to recover shadows than highlights, that's why I don't recommend ETTR. A video about exposure will definitely come out at some point in September. I've been traveling since July 27th and I'll be back in California on September 18th, so I'll do my best. Everything was shot at ISO 400.

As far as color goes I used the BUTTERY Natural Rec709 and then I played around with contrast, WB and tint. Everything was edited and graded in DaVinci Resolve 16.

GET THE BUTTERY LUTs COLLECTION here: butteryfilms.com/luts

Music by Michael Cameneti (on Musicbed)

Get a free trial of the best music for your videos: share.mscbd.fm/matteobertoli

My favorite gear: amazon.com/shop/matteobertolime

Build your BMPCC4K cinema rig:

- BMPCC 4K: amzn.to/2Lw4pYL

- Canon FD 70-210 f/4: amzn.to/2XaBdPt

- Canon FD 24mm f/2.8: amzn.to/2X81bTz

- Laowa 9mm f/2.8: venuslens.net/product/9mm/ref/352/?campaign=9mmf/2.8

- Canon Fd to Micro 4/3 Speedbooster: amzn.to/2TTgSbx

- Blindspot Power Junkie: amzn.to/2KLOzdR

- Blindspot Canon LP-E6 Dummy battery: amzn.to/2KKa8vk

- SLR Magic 8mm f/4 (139$!): amzn.to/2VFbZEe

- Tiffen Variable ND: amzn.to/2XEH10t

- Voigtlander 17.5mm f/0.95: amzn.to/2V6ZBgQ

- SmallHD Focus: amzn.to/2Ra3ZNf

- Smallrig Wooden Handle: smallrig.com/smallrig-right-side-wooden-handle-with-arri-rosette-1941.html?afmc=b4

- Smallrig Rosette Handle Kit: smallrig.com/smallrig-shoulder-rig-handle-kit-2002.html?afmc=b4

- DandO Batteries Bundle USE: MATTEO15 AT CHECKOUT FOR A 15%OFF: dandolighting.com/collections/discount-bundles/products/two-95wh-sony-v-mount-broadcast-replacement-lithium-ion-batteries-d-tap-connector-and-dual-charger

- PDMOVIE Wireless Follow Focus Live Air: amzn.to/2W6BdvB

- 8Sinn BMPCC4K Cage + Top Handle: amzn.to/2GYnDpX

- Samsung T5: amzn.to/2JZTUht

- 8Sinn Vmount Plate: amzn.to/2BE5lWN

- Camvate Cheese Plate: amzn.to/2SiNJ9K

- Dtap to BMPCC 4K: amzn.to/2V61z19

- 8Sinn VCT Shoulder Plate: bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1407021-REG/8sinn_8_vct14ss_vct_universal_shoulder_base.html

- 8Sinn rods: amzn.to/2LuMqlL

- VCT Plate: amzn.to/2RjetKk

- Manfrotto Tripod: amzn.to/2ShjRut

- Manfrotto 502 Head: amzn.to/2BCtr3T

- Bright Tangerine Donut: amzn.to/2BAVKQw

- Tilta Matte Box: amzn.to/2BFLM0i

- NiSi ND: amzn.to/2RhrjIE

- Tiffen Black Pro Mist 4x5.65: amzn.to/2QND0rl

- Smallrig Cage for SmallHD Focus: smallrig.com/smallrig-monitor-cage-for-smallhd-focus-2095.html?afmc=b4

- Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4: amzn.to/2Ex1Bc6

- 8Sinn SSD Holder: amzn.to/2EvPAno

Thanks to my patrons:

Taj
Константин
Bryan
Davide
The Rubord Conspiracy
Kimon
Millar
Nikolai
Rodrigo
Shahriar
Silvester
Serban
Philipp
Erica
Chad
Jared
Brandon
Michael
Chillm
Christian

Follow me:

matteobertoli.me
facebook.com/matteobertolifilmmaker
instagram.com/matteobertoli
twitter.com/matteobertoli

Cast: Matteo Bertoli

Tags: bmpcc, buttery luts, blackmagic design, bmpcc4k, blackmagic pocket, davinci resolve and alps

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Laman

Powered by Blogger.