Still Here (還在)

In Kaohsiung, Taiwan, a few residents refuse to leave their now-abandoned village.

Featured:
shortoftheweek.com/2020/04/30/still-here/
tv.booooooom.com/2020/04/22/still-here-sean-wang/
directorslibrary.com/sean-wang/still-here/

"Still Here" was filmed in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, in the village where my grandmother lived, my mother grew up, and where I spent my childhood summers. Nine years ago, my grandmother moved out of the village. Recently, I discovered that not only did nobody move into my grandmother's house after she left, but that the entire village had been displaced and decayed for years, except for a few residents who refused to leave. I was curious to find out what their lives were like now that the village was abandoned, and why they decided to stay.

Director / Editor: Sean Wang
Producers: Cynthia Lee, Pamela Li, Sean Wang
Cinematographer: Zach Stoltzfus
Composer: Breton Vivian
Production & Post-Production Sound: Michael O' Connor
Colorist: Kinan Chabani

Cast: Sean Wang

Tags: Documentary, Still Here, Sean Wang and Taiwan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Laman

Powered by Blogger.