MY CANADIAN SUMMER - 4K (UHD)

‘Road trip’: as its name suggest, it is the perfect gateway to experiencing nature and landscapes while roaming hundreds of miles with your car or your flowered-van, depending on how much of a 70’s-nostalgic you are! As our airborne NLC research campaign drew to an end in High Level, Alberta with the project PoSSUM (find more information at projectpossum.org) I took two weeks off in Canada to visit some of my friends I made from a few years back, but virtually without any solid plan. Just my car, my cameras and myself.

As a present of my gratitude to the generous and hospitable people that helped me on the go and as a tribute to my journey, I hurried to put together a short film called ‘My Canadian Summer’ that goes back on the adventures of over 5000km on the Canadian roads.

Follow me in the sub-arctic landscapes of the northern Alberta and North West Territories with some very unexpected wildlife and the beautiful city of Yellowknife. It is also the place of the where summer nights never get very dark, and a good opportunity for you to gaze at magnificent noctilucent (night-shining) clouds. When Yellowknife is too far north in the summer, northern Alberta is surprisingly still the spectacle of some gorgeous displays of aurora borealis in the summer twilight: watch them wiggle over a pasture full of horses!
As I continued my journey down the eastern British Columbia and on to the Rocky Mountains, take a look at some of the most dramatic and scenic landscapes in the world. After a lot of experience and perseverance, I finally got the magical shot I wanted: aurorae above Pyramid lake next to Jasper and surrounded by the mountains, also photobombing the Big Dipper. It was such a huge reward for having put so much time and effort into the trip! Experience the beauty of Jasper and Banff national parks with a myriad of waterfalls, rivers, lake and peaks as well as an astonishing wildlife.

The film also features some of southern and central Alberta’s most renowned places like Drumheller and its badlands, or a huge storm developing over the prairies. Those are the shots that one can only experience in western Canada during the summer months, and I would highly recommend to travel there, but I believe images speak better than words, so I hope you enjoy this film as much as I enjoyed shooting it.

Some interesting technical facts:

5000 km
100 km of hiking
2 TB of data collected, including some of my best NLC and aurora shots to date
Made detours to visit 6 old friends
‘Slept’ 3 nights in my tiny car just to take the perfect shots
Sony a7s, a7rII and Canon 6D, + 9 lenses all packed in my backpack.

B-photographer: Go Button Media, check out their awesome stuff at gobuttonmedia.com
Music: licensed by Musicbed, VOWS 'No time to lose'

More about the story on my blog and website: adphotography-online.com
Facebook: http://ift.tt/2kYHd6S
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ADphotography24
Instagram: http://ift.tt/2ez3Crl
Youtube: http://youtube.com/user/amadrien21

Thank you for watching. Don’t hesitate to like, comment, share and of course subscribe to my channel for more videos coming soon!

Cast: Adrien Mauduit Films

Tags: Canada, nature, Alberta, British Columbia, travel, noctilucent clouds, North West Territories, mountains, rockies, jasper, northern lights, timelapse, 4K, astrophotography and Banff

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Laman

Powered by Blogger.