I Love Yosemite

I am not well traveled, but of the places I have adventured, Yosemite is by far the most beautiful. I simply love Yosemite. Initially, I have gone to Yosemite for rock climbing adventures, but this time around in May 2015, we were backpacking for 4 days. A very grim forecast left the Valley extremely empty and the trails, even more isolated. However, other then a light drizzle the weather was nearly perfect. I went with my good friends Matt, Chris, and Scott. Christ had been to Yosemite once long ago, but Matt and Scott were Yosemite virgins. I repeatedly told them that Yosemite will be the most beautiful place you ever see and Matt, having recently traveled the Southwest (Arches, Zion, Grand Canyon, etc.) was skeptical. Needless to say, we were all saying, "I Love Yosemite" by the end.

I brought my Sony a7s and a7ii with my 24-70mm f/4 and 35mm f/1.4. Scott brought an a7s with 28-70mm lens. It was a lot of work, but well worth the extra weight and time.

Itinerary:
Day 1 - From the Glacier Point trailhead, we headed towards Illilouette Falls and hiked in a few miles and set up camp.
Day 2 - We cut on the bottom of Mt. Starr King and merged with the Panoramic Trail. We continued past Little Yosemite Valley to an area that might be considered the saddle between Clouds Rest and Half Dome.
Day 3 - Hike to Half Dome via cables and have a rest day.
Day 4 - Hike out to the Valley via the Mist Trail and take our time to soak in the views.

I highly recommend this itinerary for people that want to take their time, but still get to see a lot. We had very little miles each day, but that allowed for us to enjoy the adventure rather then keeping our heads down and hiking 20 miles/day.

Music by Freelance Whales. freelancewhales.com/

Cast: Makai Creative

Tags: yosemite, valley, sony, a7s, a7ii, 24-70mm, f/4, 35mm and f/1.4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Laman

Powered by Blogger.